Enter your Check-In & Check-Out Dates to see pricing!
12 - Bear Mountain Chalet- -
Welcome to your dream vacation spot, the Bear Mountain Chalet. Nestled in the heart of Big Bear, this is your chance to create and treasure heartwarming memories.
This home enjoys a prime location, with the Bear Mountain Ski Resort just a short 200 yards away.
Exciting news for animal lovers; the new zoo is open. Plus, if you feel like an intimate encounter with nature, the National Forest is just a stroll away. For all of the golf enthusiasts, there's a course conveniently located across the street.
The retreat offers you four very large bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms, providing ample space for you and your loved ones. The house's open floor plan perfectly melds communal and private spaces, so everyone can find their own comfortable nook.
An abundance of natural light floods the two-story main living area, courtesy of the large wall of windows. These windows not only light up the house but also provide stunning views of the ski resort and Gold Mountain. Step out onto the front deck, and the scenery becomes even more mesmerizing.
The kitchen is very well equipped. Granite countertops coupled with a bar sink, make sure there's plenty of room for multiple cooks. It's furnished with stainless steel appliances a chef's stove and everything you need to cook a wonderful meal for your family.
Inside, the house continues to amaze with an upper gaming loft that serves as a hub for entertainment. The loft and the downstairs main living area are seamlessly connected, encouraging shared moments and laughter.
Enjoy cozy evenings next to the majestic floor-to-ceiling fireplace. You can watch the snowflakes gently falling outside, creating a picture-perfect winter wonderland. This property is perfect for any season, whether you're seeking a serene retreat or an adventure-filled vacation.
Bear Mountain Chalet is enveloped by a range of outdoor activities and major events. Great amenities are nearby, further enriching your stay. Come, experience the magic of mountain living in this remarkable retreat, and find your perfect home away from home.
Please Note: We encourage you to reserve your preferred dates as we tend to stay well booked through the high seasons.
Bear Mountain Chalet boasts a prime location in Moonridge, one of Big Bear Lake's premier neighborhoods, putting you within easy reach of the area's best attractions.
Distances to key places:
- Lake: 2.5 miles
- Nearest Boat Ramp: 3.2 miles
- Snow Summit: 2.2 miles
- Bear Mountain: 0.2 miles (walking distance)
- Grocery Stores: 2.2 miles
- Closest Dining: 1.7 miles
Immerse yourself in the Big Bear experience. This haven for outdoor enthusiasts offers a myriad of activities that change with the seasons.
When winter dusts the landscape with fresh snow, engage in thrilling activities such as skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and tubing. Summer shifts the playground to the lake, where water sports abound, and the trails, are perfect for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. Golf enthusiasts won't be left out, with courses available to test your skills. Big Bear Lake is your year-round ticket to adventure and fun.
Welcome to the rules for Bear Mountain Chalet. Our aim is to maintain a harmonious environment that aligns with local Code Compliance and respects the comfort of all guests. As part of this effort, we've established some friendly but firm and inflexible house guidelines.
- Maximum Occupancy: 12 guests (10 adults max).
- Parking: Space for 4 vehicles, including garage access. Exceeding the limit may result in fines of up to $1,000.
- Pets: Pets Allowed (Max: 2 pets).
- Pets require pre-approval: Post-approval, a $125 fee per pet applies (charged post-booking).
- Unapproved Pets: incur a minimum of a $1,000 fine.
- Pet Guidelines:
- Kennel pets when unattended.
- Keep off furniture/beds.
- Clean up after them.
- Charges apply for pet damages.
- Coyote Warning: Coyotes are extremely prevalent in Big Bear, even in the most densely populated areas. If you see one, you can bet they’re part of an unseen pack. These animals are bold and territorial. They pose a significant threat to pets. For their safety, never leave your pets unattended, even in fenced areas, especially after dark. Coyotes are known for their ability to overcome barriers, including high fences. And they’re even known for attacking pets that are on a leash. We cannot overstate the need for heightened vigilance concerning your pets' safety.
- Check-In: Conducted at The Village Office for a warm welcome and local code compliance.
- Noise: Quiet hours from 9 pm to 8 am. You are not allowed to be outside, in a hot tub, play music or create any noise from inside of the residence that could be heard outside of the home. If these rules are violated, Code Enforcement could impose fines of up to $1,000 or eviction. (We have no control over Code Enforcement’s decisions.)
- Air Conditioning: None. Enjoy natural mountain breezes through open windows.
- Ants: Sometimes our ants can be a bit over-friendly. To keep these small visitors at bay, we suggest promptly cleaning up right after each meal and don’t leave food out. (We do use ant bait & ant traps… and the ants tend to look at those as snacks.)
- Trash: You are mandated by ordinance to dispose of your trash at the designated trash site. If you require assistance, we can arrange a pick-up service for a nominal fee.
- Video Surveillance & Noise Monitors: We employ external video surveillance and noise monitors at most of our properties. (We do not have video or audio monitoring inside of the residences.)
- No Smoking/Vaping: We have a very strict No Smoking and/ or No Vaping policy on the grounds of all of our properties.
- If any guest smokes or vapes on the premises during their stay, a minimum cleaning fee of $750 will be charged automatically to the Credit Card on file to cover the cost of carpets cleaning, dry cleaning of all bedspreads, curtains, etc. And the security deposit will be forfeited.
- Age: Minimum booking age is 24.
- Parties: No parties allowed; parties will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of the security deposit. Additional cleaning fees may apply.
- Communication: For questions or concerns, we're available via phone or email.
Note: Code Enforcement enforces all of the ordinances in Big Bear Lake. We have no control over the decisions they make, up to and including fines and evictions.
Note: Any eviction will result in the loss of your security deposit and you will not be entitled to a refund.
Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any queries or concerns; we're just a phone call or an email away.
These guidelines are designed to ensure a smooth stay and protect the appeal and integrity of our homes.
By adhering to these, you're helping us maintain a peaceful and enjoyable environment for all.
Thank you for choosing SoCal Vacations as your Big Bear vacation rental partner.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking.
City of Big Bear Lake STR Permit
Thank you so much for the stay. Great place, great location. Looking forward to coming back soon.
Incredible spot! We were visiting with our sons & their friends so they could go boarding for the weekend. The house fit us all (12) super comfortably. The location was perfect as it was easy to walk to and from Big Bear. Parking was super convenient. All of the amenities were great for the group on both the entertainment & cooking fronts.
Thank you for your hospitality, our stay was great.
House was very clean, quiet area, amenities in room were great, a lot of games available.
Fantastic stay - everything was clean, and spacious. SoCal was very responsive to any and all questions and concerns, one of the best hosts I’ve encountered on AirBnb. A weekend that won’t soon be forgotten!
Amazing stay and will be contacting SoCal again !
We loved our stay in Big Bear!
We loved our stay in Big Bear! The cabin has everything you could possibly need and is in the perfect location. Can’t wait to return in the winter.
Super spacious spot for a large group! Ideal location for being somewhat secluded & private while still being close by to everything you’ll need (Walgreens, gas station, bike rental shop, the Lake). Plenty of stay-in activities provided as well; game room & board games. SoCal was extremely timely & helpful when it came to answering any outstanding questions we had. Also, flexible with check-in & check-out times if asked in advance!
Central to everything
Perfect size for group of 6 adults and 1 child. Central to everything, so you don't have to travel far. Super comfortable couches and the massage chair is great after a hike!
We look forward to visiting again soon!!
My family and I stayed for a two day ski trip to Big Bear/Snow Summit over Valentines Day weekend. The house, parking, location, responsiveness of host, etc. we’re all top-notch!! Could not have been more pleased!!:-) We look forward to visiting again soon!!
enjoyed staying here with a group of friends for my bday. would come back again.
“Perfect place, me and my friends love here so much!! Absolutely will come back to here again!!!! 5 million stars recommend!”
“Awesome location very clean”
“Beautiful home ans very comfy”
We really enjoyed our stay, would definitely stay here again!
We really enjoyed our stay & the cabin! It had everything you needed & more! It's close to everything & is a really nice cabin. Would definitely stay here again, I recommend it!
Beautiful home! Nice view close to everything
Beautiful home! Nice view close to everything
Excellent facilities, we loved it
Thanks for your attention, we had some incredible days.
Great property for a large group
We stayed here with a group of 12 ranging in ages from 50-2 and we were all comfortable. The massage chair was great after a long day of adventures. Great location for access to all that the mountain had to offer.
My family and I had a great time! Wish we could of stayed another day. The house is gorgeous, great location, equipped with everything you need, and great for large families. Our stay went super smooth and ran into no problems at all. The host was super quick to reply and available for anything we might have needed. Check in and check out was fast and easy. We will definitely be staying here again. Thanks again for everything!
The ski resort is 0.3 mi alway (5 min walk) which is a major plus.
Driveway was well maintained and plowed so we didn't have to worry about snow/ice when driving. The game area/room was a smashing hit with my nephews and nieces. They loved using the pool table and the selection of games for the family. Then they'd take turns using the massage chair. Kitchen was big and perfect with all its amenities to accommodate our party of 12. Great chalet for the family!
Excellent facilities, we loved it
Excellent facilities, we loved it
My family and I stayed for a two day ski trip to Big Bear/Snow Summit over Valentines Day weekend.
The house, parking, location, responsiveness of host, etc. we're all top-notch!! Could not have been more pleased!!:-) We look forward to visiting again soon!!
Big cozy house with a lot of amenities.
Great location, short drive from the village and hiking trails.
The house is great.
Walking distance from Bear Mountain (and we were walking with 5 year olds uphill). Everything worked great including the heating, kitchen appliances, washer/dryer and BBQ. Highly recommend it!
Great place for large groups.
It's really close to the zoo and to grocery stores. It has a pool table and can be made into a table tennis table. Lots of board games. Lots of stairs in the house.
The place was great! Great location!
House was perfect for our stay! Well suited for a large group!
We really enjoyed our stay & the cabin!
It had everything you needed & more! It's close to everything & is a really nice cabin. Would definitely stay here again, I recommend it!
House was very clean
quiet area, amenities in room were great, a lot of games available.
Location, location, location!
Walking to and from the slopes is so easy. Even if you are in ski boots and/or carrying gear - granted this makes it a little more difficult but it's so close and way easier than dealing with and paying for parking. This is really great especially if everyone is on different schedules or doesn't want to commit to a whole day at the slopes. The house itself is well appointed - plenty of space and the game room is great. Furnishings are nice but not so fancy that you feel like you're going to ruin anything. The kitchen has everything you can possibly need to cook all meals big and small. Communication was easy with the management company. Highly recommend!
We were visiting with our sons & their friends so they could go boarding for the weekend. The house fit us all (12) super comfortably. The location was perfect as it was easy to walk to and from Big Bear. Parking was super convenient. All of the amenities were great for the group on both the entertainment & cooking fronts.