Enter your Check-In & Check-Out Dates to see pricing!
18 - Ponderosa Peak- -
Step into the serene expanses of Ponderosa Peaks, a 5-bedroom estate that stands as a beacon of beauty amidst the mountains.
With its 2-story picture windows and expansive decks, this home offers an unparalleled panorama of the mountains and ski runs, serving as your own private observatory in Big Bear Lake.
Relish your morning coffee on one of the two extensive decks, each offering a 180-degree view of the majestic surroundings. Breathe in the crisp, cool, pine-scented air, as you find your peace above the treetops.
Inside, the house welcomes you with its modern decor and newly-appointed furnishings. Step into a grand, 2-story great room, complete with a large, comfy sofa, an HDTV for entertainment, a dedicated dining area, and a chef's kitchen to inspire your culinary exploits.
The house is thoughtfully divided into two levels: the entry-level houses one cozy bedroom, while the lower level offers four additional bedrooms and a game room for your entertainment.
This game room serves as the heart of indoor fun with a large Smart HDTV, Golden Tee Golf video game, and a shuffleboard game.
Experience the magic of Big Bear Lake in style and comfort at Ponderosa Peaks. This estate is not just a rental home, but a space that inspires relaxation, entertainment, and unforgettable memories.
Note: We tend to stay well booked year-round. We recommend that you book ahead of time to make sure you secure your desired dates.
Located in the heart of the forest, Ponderosa Peaks is a prime retreat in the picturesque Moonridge neighborhood of Big Bear Lake.
Distances to key places:
- Lake: 2.6 miles
- Nearest Boat Ramp: 3.2 miles
- Snow Summit: 2.6 miles
- Bear Mountain: 1.5 miles
- Grocery Stores: 2.6 miles
- Closest Dining: 2.1 miles
Immerse yourself in the Big Bear experience. This haven for outdoor enthusiasts offers a myriad of activities that change with the seasons.
When winter dusts the landscape with fresh snow, engage in thrilling activities such as skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and tubing.
Summer shifts the playground to the lake, where water sports abound, and the trails, are perfect for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. Golf enthusiasts won't be left out, with courses available to test your skills.
Big Bear Lake is your year-round ticket to adventure and fun.
Welcome to the rules for Ponderosa Peak. Our aim is to maintain a harmonious environment that aligns with local Code Compliance and respects the comfort of all guests. As part of this effort, we've established some friendly but firm and inflexible house guidelines.
- Maximum Occupancy: 16 guests (12 adults max).
- Parking: Space for 5 vehicles, including garage access. Exceeding the limit may result in fines of up to $1,000.
- Pets: No pets allowed. If this rule is violated, you will receive a minimum of a $1,000 fine and eviction.
- Check-In: Conducted at The Village Office for a warm welcome and local code compliance.
- Noise: Quiet hours from 10 pm to 7 am. You are not allowed to be outside, in a hot tub, play music or create any noise from inside of the residence that could be heard outside of the home. If these rules are violated, Code Enforcement could impose fines of up to $1,000 or eviction. (We have no control over Code Enforcement’s decisions.)
- Air Conditioning: None. Enjoy natural mountain breezes through open windows.
- Ants: Sometimes our ants can be a bit over-friendly. To keep these small visitors at bay, we suggest promptly cleaning up right after each meal and don’t leave food out. (We do use ant bait & ant traps… and the ants tend to look at those as snacks.)
- Trash: You are mandated by ordinance to dispose of your trash at the designated trash site. If you require assistance, we can arrange a pick-up service for a nominal fee.
- Video Surveillance & Noise Monitors: We employ external video surveillance and noise monitors at most of our properties. (We do not have video or audio monitoring inside of the residences.)
- No Smoking/Vaping: We have a very strict No Smoking and/ or No Vaping policy on the grounds of all of our properties.
- If any guest smokes or vapes on the premises during their stay, a minimum cleaning fee of $750 will be charged automatically to the Credit Card on file to cover the cost of carpets cleaning, dry cleaning of all bedspreads, curtains, etc. And the security deposit will be forfeited.
- Age: Minimum booking age is 24.
- Parties: No parties allowed; parties will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of the security deposit. Additional cleaning fees may apply.
- Communication: For questions or concerns, we're available via phone or email.
Note: Code Enforcement enforces all of the ordinances in Big Bear Lake. We have no control over the decisions they make, up to and including fines and evictions.
Note: Any eviction,you will not be entitled to a refund.
Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any queries or concerns; we're just a phone call or an email away.
These guidelines are designed to ensure a smooth stay and protect the appeal and integrity of our homes.
By adhering to these, you're helping us maintain a peaceful and enjoyable environment for all.
Thank you for choosing SoCal Vacations as your Big Bear vacation rental partner.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking.
City of Big Bear Lake STR Permit
What a view!
This house is spacious, clean, and provides a view I could stare at for days. Would definitely stay here again.
Beautiful property. Just needed a Hot tub to be perfect
Amazing property with great host!
The property was amazing! Clean, safe, and very modern. You can tell the detail the homeowners put into this house, stunning to say the least. The staff at SoCal Vacations were very professional and friendly. Quick responses to any of our questions or request. Will definitely come again!
Beautiful home with a breathtaking views. My family very much enjoyed our weekend getaway. Home is exactly as pictured and more. Beyond our expectations!!
Beautiful cabin and view
This cabin was beautiful and was perfect for our annual family ski trip. The cabin is spacious, well equipped and has a view that cannot be beat. Extra bonus was being able to use the garage. We loved our stay!