Enter your Check-In & Check-Out Dates to see pricing!
51 - Castner's Grand Californian- -
Welcome to Castner's Grand Californian, where every corner resonates with mountain luxury.
Set at the base of Inspiration Point in Boulder Bay, a short walk will take you to the lake’s shores.
Stepping inside, the towering ceilings paired with a dramatic cascade of windows pull you into an embrace of both opulence and warmth.
Elements of slate, wood, and stone are harmoniously woven together, offering a tactile luxury reminiscent of an upscale mountain retreat.
As you traverse the home, the main living space unfurls under a high vaulted ceiling. A blend of the living room, dining, and kitchen, it promises convivial moments.
A plush leather couch beckons, set before a gas fireplace and a large Smart TV, ensuring entertainment is always at hand.
Meals are an event with a grand wooden dining table, and the kitchen. A chef's delight. From essential gadgets to a six-burner stove with a griddle, culinary adventures await.
Inside, the master suite is nothing short of a retreat. A roaring stone fireplace sets the mood, and the master bathroom, bathed in rich slate, offers a jacuzzi tub to melt away the day's adventures.
The outside beckons with an expansive deck, perfect for any gathering.
Here, you can grill at the BBQ station, gather around the fire pit, or sink into the luxury hot tub, all while drinking in the sublime views that stretch beyond.
A spacious three-car garage ensures all your vehicles and toys have a place.
Note: Castner's Grand Californian is a gem among rentals and is in high demand. Ensure your unforgettable mountain experience by booking your preferred dates in advance.
Castner's Grand Californian is located in beautiful Boulder Bay, within walking distance of the water and close to hiking trails.
Distances to key places:
- Lake: 0.1 miles (walking distance)
- Nearest boat ramp: 0.8 miles
- Snow Summit: 4.5 miles
- Bear Mountain: 6.2 miles
- Grocery Stores: 4.9 miles
- Closest dining: 0.4 miles (walking distance)
Immerse yourself in the Big Bear experience. This haven for outdoor enthusiasts offers a myriad of activities that change with the seasons.
When winter dusts the landscape with fresh snow, engage in thrilling activities such as skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and tubing.
Summer shifts the playground to the lake, where water sports abound, and the trails, are perfect for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. Golf enthusiasts won't be left out, with courses available to test your skills.
Big Bear Lake is your year-round ticket to adventure and fun.
Welcome to the rules for Castner's Grand Californian Our aim is to maintain a harmonious environment that aligns with local Code Compliance and respects the comfort of all guests. As part of this effort, we've established some friendly but firm and inflexible house guidelines.
- Maximum Occupancy: 13 guests (10 adults max).
- Parking: Space for 5 vehicles, including garage access. Exceeding the limit may result in fines of up to $1,000.
- Pets: No pets allowed. If this rule is violated, you will receive a minimum of a $1,000 fine and eviction.
- Check-In: Conducted at The Village Office for a warm welcome and local code compliance.
- Noise: Quiet hours from 9 pm to 8 am. You are not allowed to be outside, in a hot tub, play music or create any noise from inside of the residence that could be heard outside of the home. If these rules are violated, Code Enforcement could impose fines of up to $1,000 or eviction. (We have no control over Code Enforcement’s decisions.)
- Air Conditioning: None. Enjoy natural mountain breezes through open windows.
- Ants: Sometimes our ants can be a bit over-friendly. To keep these small visitors at bay, we suggest promptly cleaning up right after each meal and don’t leave food out. (We do use ant bait & ant traps… and the ants tend to look at those as snacks.)
- Trash: You are mandated by ordinance to dispose of your trash at the designated trash site. If you require assistance, we can arrange a pick-up service for a nominal fee.
- Video Surveillance & Noise Monitors: We employ external video surveillance and noise monitors at most of our properties. (We do not have video or audio monitoring inside of the residences.)
- No Smoking/Vaping: We have a very strict No Smoking and/ or No Vaping policy on the grounds of all of our properties.
- If any guest smokes or vapes on the premises during their stay, a minimum cleaning fee of $750 will be charged automatically to the Credit Card on file to cover the cost of carpets cleaning, dry cleaning of all bedspreads, curtains, etc. And the security deposit will be forfeited.
- Age: Minimum booking age is 24.
- Parties: No parties allowed; parties will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of the security deposit. Additional cleaning fees may apply.
- Communication: For questions or concerns, we're available via phone or email.
Note: Code Enforcement enforces all of the ordinances in Big Bear Lake. We have no control over the decisions they make, up to and including fines and evictions.
Note: Any eviction will result in the loss of your security deposit and you will not be entitled to a refund.
Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any queries or concerns; we're just a phone call or an email away.
These guidelines are designed to ensure a smooth stay and protect the appeal and integrity of our homes.
By adhering to these, you're helping us maintain a peaceful and enjoyable environment for all.
Thank you for choosing SoCal Vacations as your Big Bear vacation rental partner.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking.
City of Big Bear Lake STR Permit
Very Nice Home
We really enjoyed the home. Well taken care of and a great size for our family (us, our 3 kids and their wives and total of 5 grandchildren). We would rent it again. A few very minor reasons for the 2 items we gave less than 5 stars - 1. the property management company takes longer than necessary for check-in process. We had to completely fill in all the information we had already completed at the time of renting it. They could already have it all in the ipad and just have us verify it and re-sing instead of having to re-enter everybit of the information again and more. 2. The information for check-out was different on the VRBO website and the management company. (one said 11:00am, one said 10:00am). Lastly, there is no airconditioning in the house, however most times it isn't needed and there are 4 good fans for each bedroom; however the weekend we went was a "heat wave" in the area so 1st evening was a little uncomfortable but not bad. The rest of the days were fine with the window open at night and fans on. It's still a great house in great condition and a wonderful place to rent. Thank you.
Grab your friends and family and head to this cabin to make memories!
Plenty of room for multiple families and stocked with games for lots of fun. The kitchen was perfect for making all our meals! Just bring your food! The rest is covered! We have stayed in many air BnBs and by far this was the best communication I have ever had from the host! We can't wait to return!
Absolutely loved this Airbnb!
Perfect spot if you have little ones and a big family. Close walk to the lake and quick drive to the village. Kitchen is perfectly stocked with everything you need to cook. Beautiful home for a family vacation.
This was a great spot for my friends and I.
It was spacious and a great location. We were near a lot of activities during the day and night. Also the ping pong table and jacuzzi were great activities to do on the side. The check in is fairly simple as well and we had no issues. Thank you!
This house was absolutely stunning.
The photos didn't even do it justice because it is beyond beautiful. The house was spacious and luxurious. We came with 4 families, totaling 12 people, and there was plenty of room for us all to feel comfortable. The host was responsive and helpful.
We are satisfied fully.
Don't waste your time looking for something else. This huge house is beautiful, comfy, clean, and has everything any big family needs. The host, Augustine, accommodated us fast, easily, with understanding with our situation when at the last minute we had an emergency. Extremely thankful for being so nice and quick in communication. We had enormous pleasure staying in this house with such a beautiful view; plus, grateful for such a professional approach from the host. Best costumer service, easy check in and out. Will be back again for sure.
Our family enjoyed our stay in Agustin's house.
The house was very spacious and had a lot of games/activities available for the entire family. The living room and the deck were large enough to have the entire family to be hanging out in the same area. The mountain view was a beautiful background when the family was in the jacuzzi and sitting around the fireplace. The house had everything you'd need for cooking/baking/grilling, plenty of towels, and although we only had 3cars, the driveway has enough parking for 5. The house is walking distance from boulder bay park where the lake is at. I loved that the checkout process was so easy and didn't involve ridiculous rules - it helped us just focus on enjoying our mini vacation.