Enter your Check-In & Check-Out Dates to see pricing!
53 - Five Bears Den- -
Five Bears Den is the ultimate mountain log cabin for a family vacation, a large group of friends, or even a corporate retreat.
Spanning three expansive levels, this extraordinary cabin thoughtfully houses two bedrooms on each floor, which offers optimal privacy for multiple families or groups, making it the ideal setting for shared memories and bonding while giving everyone space for privacy.
As you step inside the ground floor your eyes gravitate to the majestic high vaulted ceilings. Coupled with the rich knotty pine and hardwood floors you immediately invoke the feeling of a grand mountain lodge.
This is the heart of Five Bears Den.
You'll gaze upon its impeccably designed kitchen. You'll take note of the solid oak cabinets, stainless steel appliances, expansive stone counters, a breakfast island, and a warm dining area.
The main family room has an amazing rock fireplace. Adjacent is a very comfortable sofa, Smart TV, and the main dining room. You'll also find access to the main bedroom. Not to mention multiple adjacent balconies are also here offering stunning 180-degree views.
Ascend to the upstairs bar and wet bar. There you will be entertained by the large Smart TV and seating area. There are also two bedrooms and a full bathroom up there.
Each room in Five Bears Den has been thoughtfully curated to mirror the tranquil beauty of its mountainous surroundings, so guests feel at one with nature even while indoors.
When you descend to the lower level you are met with an oasis of fun. In the game room, full-sized arcade games await. You'll find another wet bar and fridge, and even a popcorn machine. This floor offers two bedrooms and a full bathroom. One of the bedrooms has two amazing bunk beds, perfect for kids.
Outside, the spacious grounds offer plenty of space to walk and have a conversation. On the wraparound redwood decks, you can enjoy some coffee while reading a book. Enjoy a family BBQ. Or immerse yourself in the brand-new hot tub surrounded by boulders.
Whether you’re listening to the melodies of local birds in the morning or catching the golden hues of the sunset from the deck, every moment at the cabin feels like a piece of paradise.
We invite you to escape from the everyday hustle and unwind, rejuvenate, and reconnect with loved ones.
- Bedroom 1 (Master): Entry Level, Two Queen Beds, Full Bathroom w/ Jetted Spa Tub and Extra Large Shower, Private Entrance, Deck Access
- Bonus Bedroom 2: Entry Level, Twin/Twin Bunk Bed Set, Deck Access, Entry Level Guest Bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Upper Level, Twin Bed + Twin Trundle Bed, Deck Access
- Bedroom 4: Upper Level, 1 Queen Bed, 1 Full, Deck Access
- Bedroom 5: Lower Level, Queen/Queen Bunk Bed Set + Full/Twin Bunk Bed Set
- Bedroom 6: Lower Level, Two Queen Beds, Lower Level Bathroom
- Bath 1: Private Full Bath- Bedroom 1- Middle Entry Level
- Bath 2: Hallway Half Bath- Middle Entry Level
- Bath 3: Hallway Full Bath - Downstairs 1st Level
- Bath 4: Hallway Full Bath- Upstairs 3rd Level
Five Bears Den is located at the base of Castle Glen Estates, Big Bear Lake's most prestigious neighborhood. It's conveniently situated within walking distance of some of the area's best attractions.
Distances to key places:
- Big Bear Convention Center: 0.4 miles (walking distance)
- Big Bear Snow Play: 0.4 miles (walking distance)
- Lake: 0.6 miles (walking distance)
- Nearest boat ramp: 2.1 miles
- Snow Summit: 2.6 miles
- Bear Mountain: 2.7 miles
- Grocery Stores: 1.8 miles
- Closest dining: 0.4 miles (walking distance)
Immerse yourself in the Big Bear experience. This haven for outdoor enthusiasts offers a myriad of activities that change with the seasons.
When winter dusts the landscape with fresh snow, engage in thrilling activities such as skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and tubing.
Summer shifts the playground to the lake, where water sports abound, and the trails, are perfect for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. Golf enthusiasts won't be left out, with courses available to test your skills.
Big Bear Lake is your year-round ticket to adventure and fun.
Welcome to the rules for Five Bears Den. Our aim is to maintain a harmonious environment that aligns with local Code Compliance and respects the comfort of all guests. As part of this effort, we've established some friendly but firm and inflexible house guidelines.
- Maximum Occupancy: 12 guests (12 adults max).
- Parking: Space for 4 vehicles, excluding garage access. Exceeding the limit may result in fines of up to $1,000. EV charger is located to the right of the garage next to the electrical box. 240 Volt NEMA 14-50 Plug *CORD IS NOT INCLUDED!
- Pets: No pets allowed. If this rule is violated, you will receive a minimum of a $1,000 fine and eviction.
- Check-In: Conducted at The Village Office for a warm welcome and local code compliance.
- Noise: Quiet hours from 9 pm to 8 am. You are not allowed to be outside, in a hot tub, play music or create any noise from inside of the residence that could be heard outside of the home. If these rules are violated, Code Enforcement could impose fines of up to $1,000 or eviction. (We have no control over Code Enforcement’s decisions.)
- Air Conditioning: None. Enjoy natural mountain breezes through open windows.
- Ants: Sometimes our ants can be a bit over-friendly. To keep these small visitors at bay, we suggest promptly cleaning up right after each meal and don’t leave food out. (We do use ant bait & ant traps… and the ants tend to look at those as snacks.)
- Trash: You are mandated by ordinance to dispose of your trash at the designated trash site. If you require assistance, we can arrange a pick-up service for a nominal fee.
- Video Surveillance & Noise Monitors: We employ external video surveillance and noise monitors at most of our properties. (We do not have video or audio monitoring inside of the residences.)
- No Smoking/Vaping: We have a very strict No Smoking and/ or No Vaping policy on the grounds of all of our properties.
- If any guest smokes or vapes on the premises during their stay, a minimum cleaning fee of $750 will be charged automatically to the Credit Card on file to cover the cost of carpets cleaning, dry cleaning of all bedspreads, curtains, etc. And the security deposit will be forfeited.
- Age: Minimum booking age is 24.
- Parties: No parties allowed; parties will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of the security deposit. Additional cleaning fees may apply.
- Communication: For questions or concerns, we're available via phone or email.
Note: Code Enforcement enforces all of the ordinances in Big Bear Lake. We have no control over the decisions they make, up to and including fines and evictions.
Note: Any eviction, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any queries or concerns; we're just a phone call or an email away.
These guidelines are designed to ensure a smooth stay and protect the appeal and integrity of our homes.
By adhering to these, you're helping us maintain a peaceful and enjoyable environment for all.
Thank you for choosing SoCal Vacations as your Big Bear vacation rental partner.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking.
City of Big Bear Lake STR Permit